In this Article, I want to walk you through the Ultimate list of Best Ethics Books For UPSC IAS (GS Paper – 4) Preparation.
Ethics Integrity and Aptitude form the crux of the GS Paper 4 in the UPSC IAS Syllabus. If you want to rank under 100 then you can not ignore the ethics + essay + optional paper. While Ethics is a scoring paper, in general, it can also be a deal-breaker if you neglect it.
Ethics paper is most dynamic in nature respect to all other papers. It is the paper in which one can get maximum output with very little input. There is very little to learn by heart, rather more to understand and apply in ethics paper.
Ethics Integrity ,and Aptitude paper has two parts: one is the question part and the other is the case study part.
In this post, we discuss the most-read books by UPSC aspirants for studying Ethics Syllabus. Links are also provided to buy books online at discounted prices.
List of Ethics Books For UPSC IAS Exam Preparation
1.Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by – G Subba Rao and P N Roy Chowdhury
This book is authored by two retd. IAS officers G Subba Rao & P N Roy Chowdhury. It involves all the solved question papers from the year 2013 to 2019. This fifth, revised edition comes with exciting and unmatched features that would reinforce students’ preparation strategy and their level of confidence in tackling this paper.
This book is very useful for beginners in the ethics subject.
Publisher: GK Publications Pvt. Ltd.; Fifth edition.
2. Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for Civil Services Examination – Dr. Awdhesh Singh IRS (Retd)
This book is written by Dr. Awdhesh Singh IRS (Retd). Book Covers the complete syllabus of ‘ethics, Integrity and Aptitude’ (gs paper – 4) all concepts explained in simple language for easy understanding practical tips for answer writing tips to solve case studies following simple steps identification of common mistakes and resolution numerous case studies for clearing concepts to exercise after each Chapter to practice answers solved problems of previous years’ papers (2013-2019), Sample test papers for practice.
- Paperback: 488 pages
- Publisher: Top Now, an imprint of Wisdom Tree (25 June 2020)
- Language: English
3. Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude by Chronicle Publications (Niraj Kumar)
To get tips and strategies to solve case studies in GS Paper 4, Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude is indispensable. As this is a lexicon, it defines and explains the meanings of a multitude of words related to the subject of Ethics Integrity and Aptitude (GS paper – 4).
- Paperback: 520 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books; Fifth Edition edition (2019)
- Language: English
4. Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by – M Karthikeyan
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude, second edition is meant for aspirants of the Civil Services Mains Examination – General Studies Paper IV. It comprehensively covers the syllabus and helps aspirants in in-depth preparation for this paper.
Written by the M Karthikeyan, director of a successful coaching Institute, this text benefits from the fact that author teaches this subject to students and his day-to-day interaction gives him the required insights into the students’ requirements. Salient Features:
- Content presentation supports outcome-based learning approach
- New! Content coverage as per the latest examination syllabus
- New! The chapter on Essence, Determination, and Consequence of Ethics
- New! Thoughtful 21 mini-cases, with solutions, cover: Real-life case studies, Ethical issues raised in these cases, Prospective questions and Situation analysis
- New! Annexure covers solved previous years’ questions 2013 onwards
- Relevant quotations that set the tone of the content
- New! Enriched web supplements include –Additional solved previous years’ questions 2013 onwards and Additional Case Studies for practice
5. Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by Nanda Kishore and Santhosh Ajmera (Mc Graw Hill Publications)
Authored by two serving Indian Information Services (IIS) officers the book gives a holistic perspective of the various ethical theories, values and dilemmas that confront administrators and managers in the course of their professional career.
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; First edition (3 November 2014)
- Language: English
- Star Rating – 4.1/5
6. ARC Reports
Also Read …