Get Complete Booklist for UPSC IAS
In this article on UPSC Books, we are going to provide you the complete Booklist for UPSC IAS Prelims and Mains Exam which is recommended by Toppers only.
I have seen a lot of aspirants are sometimes confused that which book should I read for our UPSC exam preparation, this happens because of watching different videos of toppers for the same content on youtube.
Perhaps, You have heard in almost every topper’s talk, and It should be clear in your mind that minimum resources and maximum revision is the key to success in the UPSC IAS exam.
But now this question arises in mind that What does mean by minimum resources i.e. how many books are included in the ‘minimum resources‘?
Actually ‘minimum resources’ refer to a ‘single source for single Topic’.
Toppers suggest minimum resources to UPSC aspirants because of a plethora of study material available both online and offline.
Therefore, it is crucial that the candidates select the best books for UPSC IAS preparation and stick to it.
IAS toppers recommend that aspirant start their UPSC preparation with NCERT books and then move on to the standard reference books.
The best Booklist for UPSC can vary from candidate to candidate depending on their previous expertise and knowledge of the subject matter & Optional Subject. However, the books for UPSC recommended by experts are listed in this article subject-wise.
Taking inputs from toppers, we have prepared a detailed list of the best UPSC books available in the market.
UPSC IAS Question Papers
Booklist for UPSC Prelims
Standard Reference Books
- Certificate of Physical and human geography
- Environment – Shankar IAS
- A Brief History of Modern India
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Science and Technology – Ravi P. Agrahari
- Oxford Students Atlas for India
Booklist for UPSC Mains
In UPSC Mains Booklist, I am not writing the name of Prelims Books again so, you will have to include Prelims Booklist also.
General Studies – 1
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- Ancient India by R.S Sharma
- India after Independence by Bipan Chandra /or LotusArise Notes (recommended)
- Modern World History by Norman Lowe /or World History – LotusArise Notes (recommended)
- India Geography – D.R. Khullar
- Indian Society Class: 12 NCERT & Society LotusArise Notes
General Studies – 2
- Governance in India – by M Laxmikanth
- International Relations – by Pavneet Singh
- Social Justice – LotusArise Notes
General Studies – 3
General Studies – 4
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude /or A Practical Approach to Ethics Integrity and Aptitude – DK BALAJI IAS
- Decode Ethics by Mudit Jain