UPSC Notification 2024 for Civil Services Examination is out now! As mentioned in the UPSC Calendar, the CSE notification has been released on 14th February 2024.
UPSC Notification 2023 for Civil Services Examination is out now! As mentioned in the UPSC Calendar, the CSE notification has been released on 1st February 2023.
For reference, aspirants can check the UPSC Notification 2021, 2020 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016… from the links below.
The UPSC CSE Notification gives the following information:
- UPSC Exam Dates
- UPSC Vacancies
- UPSC Exam Centres
- Exam Fees
- How to apply/online application procedure
- Eligibility for civil services exam (nationality/age limit/number of attempts/educational requirement)
- UPSC Exam Plan
- UPSC Posts (for which the civil services exam is held)
- Latest UPSC CSE Syllabus Notification
UPSC 2024 Exam dates
The UPSC 2024 exam calendar was published on May 10, 2023. The exam dates for the UPSC 2024 exam are as follows:
|UPSC Exam Calendar 2024
|May 10, 2023
|UPSC 2024 exam notification
|14 February 2024
|UPSC 2024 exam application form
|14 February 2024 to 5 March 2024
|UPSC 2024 Civil Services Prelims exam
|26 May 2024
|UPSC 2024 Civil Services Mains exam
|20 September 2024
UPSC Exam Centres
The UPSC notification also gives information on the venue or centres of examination for both the prelims and the mains exams. Candidates should apply as soon as possible if they wish to receive a centre of their choice as they are allocated on a “first-apply-first-allot” basis.
UPSC Eligibility Conditions
Before filling up the UPSC online application form, ensure that you are eligible as per the UPSC notification and the rules listed in the Gazette. Broadly speaking, the IAS eligibility criteria can be subdivided into the following categories:
- Age Limit
- Minimum Educational Qualification
- Number of Attempts
- EWS Certificate Criteria
UPSC Exam Fees
The UPSC notification also gives the amount of fees that candidates have to pay while registering for the IAS exam.
- The registration/application fee for the UPSC Prelims exam is Rs.100/-, and for the Mains exam is Rs.200/-.
- Female/SC-ST/Disabled candidates are exempt from paying the fees.
- Payment can be made while applying for the prelims exam online, either by cash mode or by online payment. Cash payment can be made by opting for the “Pay by Cash” mode and generating the Pay-in-slip. After that, the fee should be deposited the next working day at an SBI branch.
- Candidates should pay the exam fees (unless they are exempt) well before the last date to avoid any last-minute hiccups.
- Candidates who will clear the IAS prelims will have to apply again for the mains exam. The UPSC will give out the notification for that as well. Follow the procedure as mentioned in the notification and apply for the mains before the due date.
Apply Online for UPSC Recruitment
The UPSC notification gives the detailed procedure for online IAS application. Read through the notification thoroughly before applying for the exam.
- Visit the official UPSC application website (upsconline.nic.in)
- Navigate to the UPSC Civil Services Examination Link
- Click on Fill Part-I Registration
- Once the registration number is generated, use it to fill out Part-II Registration
- Click on submit once done
Things to note while filling out the UPSC online form:
- Candidates should note that the UPSC CSE Prelims exam is also the same for the Indian Forest Service (IFoS). So, candidates should specify while applying whether they are applying for civil services or forest service or both.
- There are two parts to the registration process – Part I and Part II. Candidates should also pay the fees, give centre preference, and upload the photo and signature images on the website. They should also specify the language of the medium of exam for papers I to V. The optional subject should also be selected. Candidates should also specify the Indian language for paper A. (The medium, language and optional subject selection are required for mains exam only but they have to be specified while applying for the prelims itself).
- While filling in the above details, candidates are advised to be careful as once submitted, no changes are entertained by the UPSC in this regard.
- Candidates should read the instructions carefully before filling out and applying for the exam.
- Candidates are advised to read the UPSC Notification in detail before applying online for the civil services exam. Further important details are given in the UPSC notification.