Urdu Literature Syllabus: Paper-1
The answers should be written in the Persian script.
Development of Urdu Language
- Development of Indo-Aryan
- Old Indo-Aryan
- Middle Indo-Aryan
- New Indo-Aryan
- Western Hindi and its dialects Brij Bhasha Khadi Boli, Haryanavi Kannauji, Bundeli-Theories about the origin of Urdu Language
- Dakhani Urdu-Origin and development, its significant linguistic features.
- Social and Cultural roots of Urdu language and its distinctive features. Script, Phonology, Morphology, Vocabulary.
- Genres and their development :
- Poetry: Ghazal, Masnavi, Qasida, Marsia, Rubai, Jadid Nazm,
- Prose: Novel, Short Story, Dastan, Drama, Inshaiya, Khutoot, Biography.
- Significant features of :
- Deccani, Delhi and Lucknow schools
- Sir Syed movement, Romantic movement, Progressive movement, Modernism.
- Literary Criticism and its development with reference to Hali, Shibli, Kaleemuddin Ahmad, Ehtisham Hussain, Ale-Ahmad Suroor.
- Essay writing (covering literary and imaginative topics)
Urdu Literature Syllabus: Paper-2
Answers must be written in Urdu
This paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
|3.||Mohd. Husain Azad||Nairang-e-Khayal|
|5.||Rajendra Singh Bedi||Apne Dukh Mujhe Dedo|
|6.||Abul Kalam Azad||Ghubar-e-Khatir|
|1.||Mir||Intikhab-e-Kalam-e-Mir (Ed. Abdul Haq.)|
|2.||Mir Hasan||Sahrul Bayan|