The UPPSC, which stands for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, conducts exams to choose people for different administrative jobs. One of the important requirements for these exams, specifically for the Provincial Civil Services Examinations (PCS), is the age limit set by the UPPSC.
This means that candidates must be within a certain age range to be eligible for these exams. The UPPSC age limit plays a significant role in determining who can apply for prestigious administrative positions.
UPPSC Age Limit 2023
- UPPSC Age Limit: The minimum UPPSC age limit (as of July 1 of the exam year) for general category candidates is 21 years. On the other hand, the maximum UPPSC age limit for general category candidates is 40 years. This means candidates cannot be older than 40 by July 1, 2023.
- These UPSSC age limits apply to all positions in the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination and Assistant Conservator of Forest/Range Forest Officer Services.
- It’s important to remember that the UPPSC age limit can differ for applicants from different categories.
- Some reserved categories may have relaxation in the age limit. Before filling out the application form, applicants should check the specific age limit for their category.
UPPSC Age Limit 2023: Age Relaxation
The table below shows the UPPSC PSC age relaxation for certain categories of students:
|SC||5 years age limit relaxation|
|SC||5 years age limit relaxation|
|OBC||5 years age limit relaxation|
|Skilled players of U.P. of Classified Games||5 years age limit relaxation|
|State Govt. Employees of U.P. (including Teachers/Staff of Basic Shiksha Parishad and Govt. aided Madhyamik Vidyalayas)||5 years age limit relaxation|
|Physically Handicapped (PwD)||15 years age limit relaxation|
|Group- ‘B’ posts for the Emergency Commissioned Officers / Short Service Commissioned Officers / Ex-Army Personnel with experience of 5 years||5 years age limit relaxation|
Note: No exceptions or relaxations are allowed for the upper age limit for Dependent of Freedom Fighters.(D.F.F). Candidates.
UPPSC Age Limit for Different Categories: Minimum and Maximum
|Categories||Minimum and Maximum Age Limit|
|UPPSC Age Limit for General Category||Minimum UPPSC Age Limit for General : 21 years|
Maximum UPPSC Age Limit for General : 40 years
The UPPSC age limit for general category female is 21 to 40 years
|UPPSC Age Limit for OBC||Minimum UPPSC Age Limit for OBC: 21 years|
Maximum UPPSC Age Limit for OBCl : 45 years
The UPPSC age limit for OBC females is 21 to 45 years
|UPPSC Age Limit for SC/ST||Minimum UPPSC Age Limit for SC/ST : 21 years|
Maximum UPPSC Age Limit for SC/ST : 45 years
The UPPSC age limit for SC/ST female is 21 to 45 years
|UPPSC Age Limit For PwD||Minimum UPPSC Age Limit for PwD : 21 years|
Maximum UPPSC Age Limit for PwD: 55 years
The UPPSC age limit for PwD female is 21 to 45 years
UPPSC Age Limit for Female
The UPPSC age limit for the PCS exam is 21 to 40 years for all candidates, regardless of their gender. However, any relaxations in eligibility based on categories are determined by their caste and not their gender.
UPPSC Age Limit: Age Relaxation Documents
To claim the benefit of UPPSC exam reservation or age relaxation, candidates must have the following documents:
- Domicile of Uttar Pradesh (UP)
- Category certificate from the competent authority
- Valid caste/domicile certificate issued from the father’s side for women candidates
- Male candidates with more than one wife (living) are only eligible if the state’s governor grants an exemption.
- Female candidates who have married a person already having a wife (living) are only eligible if the state’s governor grants an exemption.
- Pregnant female candidates (12 weeks or more) will be temporarily unfit.
- Candidates claiming age relaxation/reservation in multiple categories for the UP PCS Exam will be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial.
UPPSC Age Limit: Number of Attempts
- Candidates applying for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) Examination are not restricted by any limit on the number of attempts. Hence, as long as they meet the age criteria, educational qualifications, and other relevant UPPSC eligibility criteria, candidates can continue to apply for the post without any constraints.