In this article, I wanna walk you through the Disaster Management Syllabus for UPSC IAS (GS-3).
Disaster Management Syllabus
Introduction to Disaster Management
- What is a Disaster?
- What is a Hazard?
- What is Vulnerability?
- What is Risk?
- What is Capacity?
- Classification of Disasters
- Disaster Management Cycle
Disaster Management in India
- National Disaster Management Act, 2005
- National Policy on Disaster Management, 2009
- The National Disaster Management Plan, 2016
- Disaster Management Cycle in India
Natural Hazards in India
- India: Vulnerability Profile
- Natural Disasters
- Man Made Disasters
International Cooperation and Current developments
- Global Frameworks for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Partnerships with International Agencies
- India’s Leadership Initiatives
- Bilateral Agreements with Countries
- Disaster Insurance
- Community-Based Disaster Management
- Role of the Media in Disaster Management
- Role of Social Media in Disaster Management
- Retrofitting of Buildings-The Key is to Let it Swing
- Climate Change and Disasters
- Poverty and Disasters
- Miscellaneous NDMA Guidelines
- National Disaster Plan for Animals
Recent Disaster Management Topics for UPSC
- Epidemic Diseases Act 1897
- Disaster Management Act 2005
- PM’s Care Fund
- Kerala Floods 2018
- Flood Governance in India
- Flash Flood
- Oil Spill Disasters
- Forest Fire
- National Disaster Management Plans for Animals
- NPDM 2009
- Cyclone, Floods, Tsunami, Landslides, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, etc.