In this article, I wanna walk you through the World History Questions in UPSC Mains.
World History Questions
- “There arose a serious challenge to the Democratic State System between the two World Wars.” Evaluate the statement.
- Explain how the foundation of the modern world was laid by the American and French Revolutions.
- What problems were germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula?
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western-educated Africans. Examine.
- Why did the industrial revolution first occur in England? Discuss the quality of life of the people there during industrialization. How does it compare with that in India at present?
- To what extent can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically
- What were the major political, economic and social developments in the world which motivated the anti-colonial struggle in India?
- What were the events that led to the Suez Crisis in 1956? How did it deal a final blow to Britain’s self-image as a world power?
- The New Economic Policy – 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after independence. Evaluate.
- “Latecomer” Industrial revolution in Japan involved certain factors that were markedly different from what west had experienced.
- Africa was chopped into states artificially created by accident of European competition. Analyse.
- American Revolution was an economic revolt against mercantilism. Substantiate.
- What policy instruments were deployed to contain the great economic depression?