Skip to content
Kashmiri Literature Syllabus: Paper-1
- Genealogical relationship of the Kashmiri language: various theories.
- Areas of occurrence and dialects (geographical/social)
- Phonology and grammar:
- Vowel and consonant system
- Nouns and pronouns with various case inflections;
- Verbs: various types and tenses.
- Syntactic structure:
- Simple , active and declarative statements
- Kashmiri literature in the 14th century (Socio-cultural and intellectual background with special reference to Lal Dyad and Sheikhul Alam)
- Nineteenth century Kashmiri literature (development of various genres: vatsun; ghazal; and mathnavi).
- Kashmiri literature in the first half of the twentieth century (with special reference to Mahjoor and Azad; various literary influences).
- Modern Kashmiri literature (with special refernece to the development of the short story, drama, novel and nazm).
Kashmiri Literature Syllabus: Paper-2
- Intensive study of Kashmiri poetry upto the nineteenth century:
- Lal Dyad
- Sheikhul Aalam
- Habba Khatoon
- Kashmiri poetry: 19th Century
- Mahmood Gami (Vatsans)
- Maqbool Shah (Gulrez)
- Rasool Mir (Ghazals)
- Abdul Ahad Nadim (N’at)
- Krishanjoo Razdan (Shiv Lagun)
- Sufi Poets (Text in Sanglaab, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir)
- Twentieth Century Kashmiri poetry (text in Azich Kashir Shairi, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir)
- Literary criticism and research work: development and various trends.
- An analytical study of the short story in Kashmiri.
- Afsana Majmu’a, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir.
- Kashur Afsana Az, published by the Sahitya Akademi
- Hamasar Kashur Afsana, published by the Sahitya Akademi
- The following short story writers only: Akhtar Mohi-ud-Din, Kamil, Hari Krishan Kaul, Hraday Kaul Bharti, Bansi Nirdosh, Gulshan Majid.
- Novel in Kashmiri:
- Mujrim by G.N. Gowhar
- Marun-Ivan Ilyichun, (Kashmiri version of Tolstoy’s The Death of Ivan Iiyich (Published by Kashmiri Deptt).
- Drama in Kashmiri
- Natuk Kariv Band, by Hari Krishan Kaul
- OK Angy Natuk, ed. Motilal Keemu. published by Sahitya Akademi.
- Razi Oedipus, tr. Naji Munawar, published by Sahitya Akademi.
- Kashmiri Folk Literature:
- Kashur Luki Theatre by Mohammad Subhan Bhagat, published by Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir.
- Kashiry Luki Beeth (all volumes) published by the J & K Cultural Academy.