- The Nechiphu tunnel is located in the West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Nechiphu Tunnel is located at an altitude of 5,700 feet. This is a 500-meter-long tunnel that is “D-shaped” and will have a single tube double lane on the Balipara-Charduar-Tawang (BCT) Road, West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh.
- This tunnel is being built by BRO under Project Vartak.
- The tunnel will be equipped with modern safety facilities and modern lightning and will also accommodate two-way traffic.
- The tunnel is being constructed to bypass extreme foggy conditions around the Nechiphu Pass due to which hindrances occur to military convoys and general traffic for decades.
- The tunnel will have a state-of-the-art electro-mechanical system that includes:
- auto illumination system
- firefighting devices
- Monitoring systems that are controlled by Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- The tunnel will also have raised footpaths on both of its sides for the safety of the pedestrians and will also have ducts for optical fibers, power cables, and utility lines so that the civic infrastructure amenities can be strengthened.
- Once in service, this tunnel along with the Sela Tunnel will be providing an all-weather, safe, and strategic connectivity on the BCT Road thus reducing the eco-sensitive area’s carbon footprint.
View all comments